We are looking to hire an experienced heavy equipment mechanic to inspect, service, and maintain our range of heavy-duty mobile equipment. As a heavy equipment mechanic, you will be responsible for reporting to the job site, inspecting engines and equipment, carrying out services, conducting repairs, and providing routine maintenance to all heavy mobile equipment.
To ensure success as a heavy equipment mechanic, you should have proven experience working with heavy machinery, be physically fit, and be able to troubleshoot and repair issues on the job site
Essential Job Functions
- Driving to the job site.
- Inspecting loaders, knuckle booms, bulldozers, trucks, and other heavy equipment for proper performance.
- Diagnosing faults using computerized testing equipment.
- Adjusting equipment and replacing faulty parts.
- Repairing damaged equipment parts.
- Cleaning, lubricating, and conducting routine services on heavy-duty vehicles.
- Cleaning and servicing of machine attachments like grapples, blades, and booms.
- Performing major repair work when necessary.
- Reporting damaged or faulty equipment to management.
Education / License / Experience Requirements
- High school diploma or GED.
- Certification as a heavy equipment mechanic preferred.
- Proven work experience as a diesel or heavy equipment mechanic.
- Understanding of computer testing technologies.
- Ability to lift heavy machinery.
- Extensive knowledge of diesel engines and construction equipment.
- Ability to work after-hours and weekends if required.
- Good communication skills.
- Competitive benefits including paid time off, medical, dental, vision, company life & AD&D insurance, voluntary life & AD&D insurance, medical air insurance, accident insurance, STD, LTD and 401k offered
|TITLE||Heavy Equipment Mechanic|
|LOCATION||Alex City, AL|
|REPORTS TO||Maintenance Supervisor|