IndusTREE Logging, Inc. and its related timber and sawmill operations have been in operation for more than 20 years. We use late model trucks and will haul long and short logs to the various mills in Alabama and East Georgia.
|Logging Truck Driver||Mileage|
Essential Job Functions
- Comply with all state, federal and company regulations and rules.
- Operate in a manner that ensures public safety.
- Maintains driver & truck logs, records, documents, permits and valid licenses for assigned truck/equipment, according to state and federal regulations.
- Responsible for Safety, DOT and OSHA awareness and compliance.
- Serve as a brand advocate and ambassador in every interaction with clients and the public.
- Properly secures cargo per DOT regulations.
- Proper use of flags and marker lights on all loads.
- Assists in maintenance, service of the trucks, and support equipment as required.
- Responsible for mill passes and scale tickets to ensure accurate records. Ensures load tickets are and submitted on time.
- Maintains telephone or radio contact with supervisor to receive load instructions.
- Performs daily pre and post trip DOT inspections on truck, trailer, book and specialty equipment. Checks oil, coolant, tires, connections, pins and air hoses daily report any problems or damage to management immediately
- Performs emergency roadside repairs such as changing lights, small mechanical problems, hoses and installs tire chains, etc. with guidance from supervisor.
- Manage routes and routines so they proceed in the most efficient way possible
Education/License / Experience Requirements
- Class A CDL
- Current DOT Medical Card
- Clean Motor Vehicle Report (MVR) – No serious tickets or accidents in last 5 years and no DWI/DUI in last 10 years
- Two to four years of commercial driving experience
- Two years professional tractor trailer log hauling experience
- Willing to work on weekends whenever necessary
- Experience with self-loaders/heavy equipment operators preferred
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work in a safe and efficient manner
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Positive attitude
- Respect for fellow employees and equipment
- Ability to meet physical requirements of the job including standing, climbing, bending and lifting occasionally up to 50 lbs. or more.
- Must successfully complete a pre-employment drug screen, MVR and background check
- Competitive benefits including, medical, dental, life insurance, vision, and 401k plans are offered
- Home every day