An entry level production team members’ work would include stacking lumber, packaging lumber and
operation of machinery. Experience in a sawmill environment is not required as long as candidate
has a positive attitude and is willing to be trained to work in a safe and efficient manner.
|Machine Operator/Production Worker||$10.00 – $12.00||Castleberry, AL||Mill Manager|
Essential Job Functions
- Operating equipment in assigned area.
- Feeding or placing items onto equipment for processing or removing items after processing.
- Interpreting work instructions adequately and successfully completing tasks as delegated.
- Responsible for safe start up and shut down of equipment in assigned area of responsibility.
- Responsible for maintaining safe work areas, cleaning the assigned production area – sweeping and removing debris.
- Showing a willingness and flexibility to perform various job assignments that may change daily.
- Perform preventative maintenance.
- Perform any other work-related task deemed necessary by the supervisor.
- Be familiar with lumber dimensions and piece counts.
- Be a certified Forklift Operator or able to obtain certification within allotted training time.
- Adhere to all safety policies and perform tasks in safe, responsible manner.
- Understand and adhere to all company practices applicable to employees, such as attendance, call-in, conduct, etc. as outlined in the employee handbook.
Education/License / Experience Requirements
- High school diploma/GED.
- Ability to work outdoors in all temperatures in loud, high volume environments performing physical tasks throughout the shift.
- Ability to utilize time wisely, be flexible to schedule changes and work well in a team environment.
- Ability to perform all tasks in accordance with the company safety policies and procedures.
- Good work ethic and use good judgment.
- Excellent attendance and safety record.
- Self-motivated with the ability to follow instructions.
- Prior lumber operations or manufacturing experience preferred.
- Physical stamina and dexterity
- Prolonged repetitive motions, walking, standing, sitting, climbing, bending, stooping, pushing and pulling
- May be required to frequently lift up to 50 lbs.
- May be required to successfully complete a pre-employment drug screen and background check
- Travel – None
- Time off, medical, dental, vision, company life & AD&D insurance, voluntary life & AD&D insurance, medical air insurance and accident insurance offered.