The Maintenance Technician position is responsible for performing highly diversified duties to install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain production and facility equipment according to safety, predictive and productive maintenance systems and processes to support the achievement of the site’s business goals and objectives.
Essential Job Functions
- Perform highly diversified duties to install and maintain production machines and the plant facility’s equipment.
- Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment during production and performs scheduled maintenance repairs of production equipment during machine service.
- Perform simple machinist duties and responsibilities.
- Perform mechanic skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, troubleshooting and repair of production machines.
- Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
- Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, test and make adjustments.
- Perform regular preventive maintenance on machines, equipment and site facilities.
- Perform a variety of plumbing maintenance and carpentry functions.
- Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment in performing duties.
- Detect faulty operations, defective material and report those and any unusual situations to proper supervision.
- Comply with quality standards, safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas.
- Contribute to the development of maintenance budget and ensure compliance.
Education/License / Experience Requirements
- High school diploma/GED
- Completion of a craft apprenticeship, or an equivalent number of years of education and production maintenance experience.
- 3+ years of maintenance experience; strong hydraulic, pneumatic, mechanical and industrial skills with some PLC
- Ability to be a team player.
- Mechanical Skills: Use a wide variety of tools, from hammers and wrenches to blowtorches, forklifts and more. Mechanical
- aptitude is needed.
- Strength: Will lift heavy objects, physically manipulate objects with tools and need strength.
- Technical Skills: Will read blueprints and other technical documents to put machinery together.
- Troubleshooting Skills: Must be able to follow a problem to the source and solve the issue.
- Very good communication and interpersonal skills
- Physical stamina and dexterity
- Prolonged standing and repetitive motions, bending, stooping, pushing and pulling
- May be required to frequently lift up to 50 lbs.
- Hand dexterity and strength
- May be required to successfully complete a pre-employment drug screen and background check
- Travel – None
- Competitive benefits including paid time off, medical, dental, vision, company life & AD&D insurance, voluntary life & AD&D insurance, medical air insurance, accident insurance, STD, LTD and 401k offered.
|LOCATION||Alex City, AL|
|REPORTS TO||Maintenance Supervisor|